DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU MIGHT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A GRANT, LOAN OR SUBSIDY WHEN UPDATING YOUR HOME?
We have been involved in the renovation of our home for some months now and along the way, we have also found information that’s worth sharing in the event you’re considering to update yours. Take a look at the information below.
Toronto Heritage Grant Program
If you own a home designated under Part IV (individual property designation) or Part V (a property within a conservation district) of the Ontario Heritage Act, you might be eligible for the Heritage Grant Program to repair and retain defining heritage attributes of your property. Some of these include windows, masonry, wood detailing, doors and slate roofs.
2. Canada Greener Homes Initiative
- Grants from $125 to $5,000: To get a part of your costs back for eligible home retrofits.
- Up to $600: As a maximum contribution towards the total costs of your pre and post retrofit EnerGuide home evaluations.
- From $5,000 to $40,000 Interest-free loans with a repayment term of 10 years to help you undertake major home retrofits.
3. Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program
- Sump pump installation
- Backwater valve
- Severance and capping a home’s storm sewer or external weeping tile collection